Sunday 22 April 2012

What's in my make-up bag?



We have all been there, tried and tested all kinds of foundations, primers, blushers and bronzers to match our skin tones.

I have a Favourite few of mine, being quite pale blusher is a must to me! Always having lipgloss and eyeliner in reach is also quite important.



Last year I decided as I was spending a lot on make up and products (we are all guilty of it) I needed a bag big enough to match. Now I do class myself as quite the bargain hunter, I found this beauty in House of Fraser in the Christmas sale! I had my eye on it before hand but forking out £55 was too much. So when it was reduced to £22.00 I couldn't resist!. 



Blusher  
MAC - DOLLYMIX
This one as you can see I use everyday, it gives a rosy pinky colour and suits a more pale complexion.
The problem I find with some blushers is that you have to put a lot on the brush for it to actually show up, where as this is the complete opposite. Worth every penny!
At around £16 and over, Lasts about 4 months.




Mirror
Chanel Compact Mirror
This was a stocking filler from my boyfriend! I had been searching in every Jarrolds store I could find for one of these. Every mirror comes with a sleeve to protect it in your make up bag, perfect if you have blusher and foundation brushes, as the colour doesn't rub off onto the mirror. The prices range about £30 and above. 


Eye Base and Light concealer
Babara Daly
This one was a bargain buy, I ran out and just so happened I was popping into Tescos and noticed this little beauty. It doubles as an extra light concealer and an eye base for eye liner and eye shadows, which is brilliant as it saves room in my make up bag. 
This was about £3.90




Powder
Benefit Get even powder 02
This Is a lovely powder, blends in lovely with the foundation and is brilliant well dry areas of skin. Perfect price at only £22.50 


Foundations
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - Nude 
This is a bargain at £6.99! Many stores such as Superdrug and Tesco's usually have an 3 for 2 offer so keep an eye out.
This foundation to me is one of the best, It blends in lovely and is so smooth on the skin,it has a soft silky consistency and lasts for hours. There are many different shades for every skin tone so theres a colour for everyone from very pale to bronzed olive tones. 



Mascara 
Clinique high impact mascara
This was a glossy box find, never have I before been very interested in Clinique, however this little sample mascara didn't clump of or bulk the eyelashes.
Im used to using only L'oreal mascaras but i will be switching now on! 
These mascaras are priced around £16.00 from Selfridges

Eyeliner
MAC Eye kohl smolder 
This is a lovely pencil, very accurate with the lining of the eye. Blends in lovely with any eyeshadow at the corners of the eyes doesn't drag on the eyelids. It's a more charcoal black, which is very pigmented, and for me it never seems to run out!! 
About £11 and over depending on where you shop. 


Liquid eyeliner
Topshop Magic liner 
Out of every MAC, benefit, L'oreal and so on every brand of eye liner I have used never lasts! And when your working long hours you NEED something that lasts. I brought a few things from topshop to try them out and oh! I am pleased. This eyeliner is long lasting, no smudging, very accurate with the lines and flicks. With a pointed tip and pen like appearance don't be fooled this works wonders! £8.00 for one!

Sorry this is a Loooong post! Just goes to show how much i Love makeup! x
 Whats your favourite bits in your make up bags?



1 comment: