Wednesday 2 May 2012

RED HAIR

I have a lot of clients ask how I keep my bright red hair so red, and I answer with "A lot of keeping up and I dye it every week'!.

As I work in a salon one of the little perks is I get my hair colored for free, But saying that I dye it myself usually every sunday, and if I am not busy I then get a permanent on my roots every 7 or more weeks.

I use a professional brand for the permanent and Directions crazy colour for the temp, which is perfect as its conditioning, and is the brightest red I found find that stays for a week! 


Would you like to achieve this red?




1. Get all equipment needed before hand, keep in mind this colour stains anything it touches, towels (super-dry jackets)  :( pillowcases, bathroom the sides of the shower and more.




1. Vaseline (Barrier cream) bowls, tint brush, clips and gloves and preferably a dark towel.



2. Wash hair once with a very gentle shampoo and towel dry so it is not dripping


I got a little bit on me, baby wipes are a must!! :(

3. Apply to the front hair-line and top of the head, I comb through to the ends to refresh the colour. As this is a conditioning temporary colour leave it on as long as you like.




4. Now I wait around half hour, don't condition just rinse off, remembering gloves.






And repeat every week!! 

:) xxx



2 comments:

  1. I thought I was already following, now re-following :D
    I love how bright it is, I don't have the guts to go that bright!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty hot red!

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete