Sunday 27 January 2013

Cake balls



CAKE POPS! / BALLS first try




So my idea was to make cake pops, However silly me forgot much of the important ingredients including the actual sticks....doh and the scales! So now I have made cake balls.



So begin with, You need the following just to make a basic cake..

Butter
Sugar
Eggs
and flour!

And for the rest 

Fondant 
Chosen decoration



1. Simply mix the butter and sugar into a fluffy paste.




2. Add in the 3 eggs and the flour, cant give the exact measurements due to the scale issue! Just so it feels soft, but not too runny.







Adding in some food colorant. My chosen one was pink. I did not mix it in fully, so I get the marbled effect.  



Put into the cake cases and cook for 35 minutes. 

And let cool for 15 minutes. 



The cake result 

Then now the fondant, I picked butter icing! So easy and simple to mix, Icing sugar and butter. 


Now the fun part, crumble the cake up into little bits!


Mixing with the fondant, into little balls. 


Leave to sit. 


Choose your topping, This is a very expensive way of doing it as I found out!


Get messy and creative!!




Leave to sit in the fridge for 3 hours.


The final look!!





The cake on the outside should be hard due to the cooled chocolate and soft and moist on the inside,



I love the effect on the white chocolate with tiny strawberry pieces as coating!



Just perfect with a cup of tea! 



No comments:

Post a Comment